Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

supressing part of details section

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macho123

Technical User
Oct 20, 2007
US
Hi I am using Crystal reports 9.

I have tow details sections,
detail a
detail b
in the report and I want detaila to be displayed only once in the report irrespactive of the data in the detailb. Is there a way this can be done?

Please let me know.

Thanks...

Would need to know more about what kind of report it was and what sort of data you were using, but my initial thoughts would be that you could move the data in Detail a into the Report Header, which would mean it would only appear once at the top of the report. You could then hide Detaila, or just delete what is in Detaila and move the contents of Detailb into Detaila, then delete the detailb section.

But as I said more info may be helpful, explaining why there are two details sections.

"Stupid isn't not knowing the answer, it's not asking the question

Thanks for the reply. Actually I am not usning the report header because I have to output the report data to a CSV text file and page headers and report headers are not exported to CSV file with CR9. So I came up with this thing of union of two queries one query in command1 with the column name unioned it with the other query with required data in command2. Now I am placing the command 1 columns in detaila and command2 columns in detailb and want the detaila columns to be displayed only once.

I tried supress column for all of them in detaila if duplicate but even then while exporting to CSV file it is repeated for each record.

Any suggestions...

Thnaks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back