Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Supress Group Header with coding? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DVDGirl

Programmer
Mar 29, 2001
US
Is there a way to suppress the group header through coding? I have a form that has a combo box: (a) Sort by Team, (b) Sort by Player.

That goes to a report that has a group header, Team, and the data is sorted by Team Name. However, I would like the same report to also be sorted in alphabetical order by Player Name.

Is this possible, and if so, could you please tell me how to implement this? Thank you in advance!

-DVD Girl

DVDGirl
In the report's properties, you can set a second sort level, sorting first by the Team Name, and then secondly by the Player Name.

Tom

Hi Tom -
Thank you for responding, but I'm sorry, I guess I didn't explain my scenario clearly enough. I would like one report that has two different views: (1) Sorted by Team or (2) Sorted By Player.

I would like the user to choose how they want the report sorted from a combo box on a form. After clicking "OK", the one report could dynamically sort based on the user's selection.

I just would like to know if this is possible. I know I could just create two separate reports to accomplish my goal, but I was just wondering if there is a way to do it in one report. Thank you again!

-DVD Girl

DVDGirl
Well, I wondered. Now I understand.

Sure, there's a way to do what you want.

Have a look at thread703-773697 and see if Duane Hookom's solution in that thread will do it for you.

Tom

Thanks, Tom! [bigsmile] I just have to tweak it a little, but otherwise, the thread you pointed me to gives me just the info I need! Thank you very much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back