Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Supress a section

Status
Not open for further replies.

keeno

MIS
Feb 24, 2006
GB
Hello

How can I write a formula or whatever is needed for the following:

When a section doesn't return any data i want to display a message saying: 'No Data Received Today'.

Can someone tell me how to do this

Thanks

David

Hi

There is an option in the section expert that says supress if blank section. I guess you can use this to supress the section if it returns no data.

To display the message you maybe can create a new section below/above the section that returns no data, and add a text field here with the error message. In the section expert write the following code on the supress button "not isnull({field from the section that can be empty})" that way you only display the section when the field is null. If you don't want to add a new section you can just add the text-field to one of the other sections and write the same code on the supress button of the text-field.

hope this helps :)
Greta

try using this:

if len(tablename.field) = 0 then
"no data received today"
else
tablename.field
end if

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor