Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

suppression problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreamboy27

Programmer
Sep 25, 2006
US
i am using a formula for grouping and i am facing problem in suppressing duplicate records. and i want to display the record if new page starts. can any one help

crystal XI and DB2

If you use field suppression (format field->common->suppress if duplicated) instead of section suppression, the formatted field(s) will appear at the top of a new page, even if duplicated.

-LB

ok lbass I would like to further this discussion
But what if the field (Group Header) is an event time that needs to appear only once.

For instance I am grouping my records on event code and then event time. 9:00 am shows up twice then 9:30 once. How do I eliminate the suplicate 9:00 am?

Thanks for your help.
Diana

If you are grouping on time, I don't see how any time value could appear more than once in a group header--unless the value really includes a seconds field that is not displayed. If you change the display using field formatting, do seconds appear?

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back