Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Suppression; is that what I should use???

Status
Not open for further replies.

gandapanda

Programmer
Dec 4, 2001
US
Hello all,
I am working with crystal reports 9 and have a question:
I have set up a report (row/columnm format) with 4 columns of data... if there is any incidence where any of the columns dont have any data, i want to eliminate that column (blank space and heading) from the report preview/printing altogether!
Do i use SUPPRESS(ion) to accomplish this?
Any help is appreciated....
ss

Columnar data doesn't work this way.

Not much of a description of your environment, if you can, use a Cross-Tab, that way you'll only get columns for values that exist.

In order to suppress columnar data you probably want to use suppression formulas, and if it's the second column for instance, you may need fairly complex condition checking to slide valid columns to the left.

Flesh out your environment and the intent using real data and expected output, you may find that there's a simpler way to handle this.

-k

hey synapse...
yes, cross-tab format lets you accomplish this a bit easily.... suppression formulas are generated in the formula workshop, i am assuming? i have not applied the formula workshop anywhere else in my reports, but what you stated is what i need to do: slide valid colums to the left
not sure what you mean by your last statement... but thanks for what you have suggested otherwise

If you're using a Cross-Tab, you won't need anything else.

Demonstrate example data and expected output.

-k

heres the deal.... 4 columns: max, min, avg, value
2 scenarios:
scenario 1
max min avg value
45 41 43
32 26 29
55 45 50
43 33 38
in the above case, i woud want value to suppress, column heading and all....

scenario 2
max min avg value
in this case, i woud want max, min, avg to suppress, column headings and all...
is this possible?
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back