Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Suppression Formula Suppressing Too Much 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

LHG33

Technical User
Jan 16, 2002
US
Hello:

I have created a report where I am displaying fields from the database: Sequence #, Account, Amount, Site ID.

However, I need only the ones that have more than one record with combination of Sequence # and Account (ex. Seq # 202 with Account 34567). First, I wrote a formula (@SeqAcct) to combine Seq # and Account (Seq # + Account).

I wrote a formula and put it in the Suppress part of the Details section, which works but only display the first record of the multiples I want to display. This is the formula in the Suppress part: (@SeqAcct) <> (Next(@SeqAcct))

So, right now it is like this:

202 34567 258.36 001

I want to get it like this:

202 34567 258.36 001
202 34567 25.54 002

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get it to display more than just the first record?

Thanks,

L.

it should be (@SeqAcct) = (Next(@SeqAcct)) so that all unique records will be display. Your way is supressing all unique records and displaying duplicates

Thank you for your reply. No, I want to display only the items where the Seq # and Account (first two fields) are duplicates and then list each duplicate record. The other two fields I listed in the example can be unique.

The way my suppression formula is now, it does elimate the unique records (as it should) but it only shows the first of the duplicate records instead of each.

I might try grouping on your {@SeqAcct} formula

Include all the desired fields in the footer of that group.

Inculde {@SeqAcct} in the details section.

Right click {@SeqAcct} and do summary count of and include that in the footer.

Hide the detail section and the group header

Suppress the footer with the count formula = 1

Try this:
(@SeqAcct) <> (Next(@SeqAcct)and
(@SeqAcct) <> (Previous(@SeqAcct)

MrBill

Or, instead of suppression, group on {@SeqAcct} and then go to report->selection formula->GROUP and enter:

count({@SeqAcct},{@SeqAcct}) > 1

-LB

Thank you all so much for your replies.

I am not a programmer nor have I had any training in Crystal Reports so I found COSpringsGuy suggestion on grouping and LBass' formula (except change to: count({@SeqAcct},{@SeqAcct}) < 1) to be the simpliest solution for me. I am very happy to say it worked and this actually allowed me to fix two reports.

Thank you all!!! I appreciate everyone's help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back