Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Suppressing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Hi, I'm trying to suppress a line. I created a line below each group figures (dollar amounts). I only want a line above where my final total will be but I'm getting lines between every figure and or group. I just want to suppress the unwanted lines. A very easy fix i imagine but I just can't find. Sorry for being a newbie.
Thanks.
Mike

Mike,

It sounds like the line is placed within the group footer. Move it into the report footer above the total formula. Assuming I understand your layout, that should fix it.

Scott

Still not working, this is the problem:

-----------

total This is what I'd like

---------
---------
----------
----------
total Lines showing up between all numbers

Tried what u said and it still didn't work.

Thank you. Sorry for being a newbie.

Have a good day.

Mike
----------

Are your details in the details section? As it sounds like you may have the line in the details section.

If you are using Groups and you want the line just above the total for each group then put the line in the Group footer (above the field holding your total.)

Where are your totals placed? if they are in the Page or report footer, put the line above the total in the same section. If the totals are Grand totals (ie - appear only once on the report) they will usually be in the report footer.

Please let me know Which section your main details are in (ie - group or details section)

kind regards,
Justine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back