Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Suppressing Test Fields

Status
Not open for further replies.

smil3y

IS-IT--Management
Jan 8, 2004
AU
I have a report that has several text fields in the page header. The text fields are labels for column data that is being presented.

In the group footer I am also presenting a couple of charts. Is it possible to turn off (suppress) the text fields that are in the page header so the user does not see them in the group footer?

Any help appreciated.

You might be able to achieve this by setting a variable in the group footer that is used by the Report Header.

Right click the group footer and select insert section below.

In the group footer A section use a formula akin to:

whileprintingrecords;
Numbervar Suppress := 1;

In the group footer section b AFTER the charts insert another formula (or insert another section and place it in there):

whileprintingrecords;
Numbervar Suppress := 0;

Now you can use a suppression formula in the page header of:

whileprintingrecords;
Numbervar Suppress;
Suppress = 1

This may not always work, and you may have to extend the process to other sections depending upon your layout.

-k

Smil3y

Please explain in more detail the presence of the fields. Why would they see fields in the group header.....in the footer. These are 2 different sections. If you do not want the text fields visible then supress them or supress the section.

I believe there is something missing here....

My report has text labels in the page header that identify the data being reported. I also have a group footer that contains a chart. The text labels (being on page header) show up on every page including the group footer.
I thought there may have been an easy way to suppress them.

What I have done is move the text labels into the group header and this has fixed the problem. No text labels in my group footer.

Thanks to all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back