Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Suppressing Report Footer on a report that uses page renumbering between groups 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

NBVC

Technical User
Sep 18, 2006
CA
Hi,

I have a report where i renumber pages after each change in group. The last page is a Terms & Conditions page and it is in the Report Footer. Right now it is continuing on the page numbers of the last group in the report. I want to be able to suppress the report header only on this last page since it applies to the whole report, not just the last group.

I don’t understand what you want to suppress, since the report header is only at the beginning of the report. Regardless, you can use the following to suppress a section or a field or pagenumber.

Create a formula {@pgno} and place it in the page footer and suppress it:

Whileprintingrecords;
Numbervar pgno;
pgno := pgno + 1;

Then use the following as your suppression formula:

Whileprintingrecords;
Numbervar pgno;
Pgno = totalpagecount

-LB

Hi LB,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Sorry, I meant I wanted to suppress the page header (or more specifically, fields in the Page Header).

I tried your suggestion, but it did not work for me.

Note: In the Report Footer, even though the numbering restarted and shows Page 1, it is still adding information from the page header of the previous record's group header. Not sure if that gives any clues?

Sorry--should have tested that. Just tested the following. This assumes that you have "new page after" set on the group footer.

Create two formulas:

//{@true} to be placed in the group header and suppressed:
whileprintingrecords;
booleanvar flag := true;

//{@false} to be placed in the group footer and suppressed:
whileprintingrecords;
booleanvar flag := false;

Then use field suppression for fields in the page header with the following formula:

whileprintingrecords;
booleanvar flag;
flag=false //note no colon

-LB

Awesome!

Thanks so much LB. It worked well! I've been at this all morning.

Have a great day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back