Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Suppressing repeated text field (v6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CruelBritannia

Technical User
May 30, 2000
US
Visit site
I am having a problem with getting a text box suppressed if repeated.<br>I have an address of fields Addr1, Addr2, Addr3, City, County, State and Zip.<br>The last 4 are all put into one text box so that they appear on the same line of the report (in format &lt;City&gt;, &lt;County&gt;, &lt;State&gt; &lt;Zip&gt;). However, when I have 'Suppress Duplicates' checked on the text box it does not seem to work. The Fields which have Addr1 etc.. on and have suppress field check does work.<br>Does anyone know of a way around this?<br><br>Furthermore, if Addr2 and/or 3 are blank, is there any way to move the fields after them up a line so I am not left with any blank lines???

For the second question...<br>Note the distinction between Group and Section.<br>In the group where you want the address, insert a section for Addr1, another one for Addr2, another one for Addr3, and another one for @CityStateZip.&nbsp;&nbsp;Format all the sections to suppress if blank.&nbsp;&nbsp;That way only the sections with data will take up space on the report. <p>Malcolm Wynden<br><a href=mailto:wynden@island.dot.net>wynden@island.dot.net</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Thank you. I have also sorted out the first part. (it was my mistake since I am new to Crystal, I was putting each field into the same text box instead of concatanating them using a formula - once I did it this way with suppression for duplicates on, then it did what I required).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back