Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Suppressing Print Dialog box on CRViewer w/ report from web

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajg1942

Programmer
Mar 30, 2001
US
Does anyone know if it is possible to suppress the print dialog box of the CRViewer when pulling a report from the web using the WebReportBroker/WebReportSource.

Are there any other Crystal Report Object that can pull the reports off the Web rather then a File.(Using the WebReportBroker/WebReportSource or any other mechinism)

There is an FAQ but what i can gather is that it assigns MyRpt(MyRpt is neither declared or described) to the CRViewer.ReportSource...(this may be a wrong assumption)
This FAQ code is based of the CR8 sample code that assigns a ICRDesigner to the CRViewer.ReportSource

Below is VB code that I am using. you need just a form with a CRViewer and two buttons.

Requirements:

The report Doesn't have to be viewed but does have to be pulled down from the web with no interaction from the user.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Andy

Private Sub cmdLoad_Click()
Dim webBroker, webSource
Set webBroker = CreateObject("WebReportBroker.WebReportBroker")
Set webSource = CreateObject("WebreportSource.WebReportSource")
webSource.ReportSource = webBroker
webSource.URL= "
CRViewer1.ReportSource = webSource
CRViewer1.ViewReport
End Sub

Private Sub cmdPrint_Click()
'Some how supress the Print Dialog
CRViewer1.PrintReport
End Sub

This would also be helpful for me.

I am looking for a document detailing exactly what functions, properties etc can be called/accessed in the ActiveX viewer. I want to print out a report on the client machine without having the print dialog appearing.

Any suggestions welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back