Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Suppressing Page header in Access 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikj01

Technical User
May 31, 2001
CA
I am not sure I am even approaching this properly, but this is as close as I can get to what I want to accomplish. It has been a whle since I have done much with Access

I have a number of drill holes, with one or more pages of data for each one. I have set up a group header for the beginning of each new hole and have it start on a new page.

For the subsidiary pages of each drill hole I have set up a page header.

Can I suppress the page header when the group header prints on the first page for each drillhole. Each drillhole is set up to start on a new page, if that makes any difference.

Thanks
Mike

Hi
This is not very satisfactory, because it takes ages to format, but it might give you some ideas.
Code:
Private Sub PageHeaderSection_Format(Cancel As Integer, FormatCount As Integer)
If Me.Detail.WillContinue Then
    Me.PrintSection = True
Else
    Me.PrintSection = False
End If
End Sub

That worked, sort of, but its not printing the page headers on any of the pages now. :-S
The formatting time isn't really an issue as we print these things once or twice a year.

Thanks

Hi
I have played around a bit more. The above worked for me, but this:
Code:
Private Sub PageHeaderSection_Format(Cancel As Integer, FormatCount As Integer)
If Me.Detail.WillContinue Then
   Me.PageHeaderSection.Visible = True
Else
   Me.PageHeaderSection.Visible = False
End If
End Sub

Seems better. I found that it was important that I set the page break between groups in the detail section, ie Force New Page After Section. I can include all properties, if you think it might help.

The way I have the test report set up is:
No Report Header
Page Header
Group Header - 1 field
Detail - 3 long fields
Page Footer
No Report Footer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back