Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Suppressing one filed by the date of another. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoeingSK

Technical User
Nov 2, 2007
US
I have a report that shows customers orders through our company. The fields are Partnumber, Description, Qty, Date Due, and Comments.
We add comments to each order line but we don't want to see them to the until the order is overdue. How do I use the due date field to suppress the Comment Field.

By the way I was using Highlighting expert with a hightlight of white font. This worked fine until you exported it to excel, then the comments returned.

Up and Coming Technical Guy

Right click on the comments field->format field->common->suppress->x+2 and enter:

{table.duedate} >= currentdate

-LB

Right click the Comment field and go to "Format Text...". Click the suppression formula button to open the formula workshop. The following formula will suppress the comments if the order is not overdue:

{@Due_Date} < CurrentDate

Just for my future knowledge and archive how would I perform this if the date field was data instead of a date.Would I use a True False statement?

I'm not following you. What do you mean by "data"? You don't have to use true/false explicitly, but the result has to be a boolean. If you wanted to suppress another field based on the value of a fieldA, you could use a formula like this:

{table.fieldA} = "X"//string

Or, you could use:

{table.number} < 25 //number field

..etc.

-LB

So if I wanted to suppress the comments for partnumbers that start with 149...

Using these fields

orders.partnumber
orders.comment

would it be right click on comment field and select format field formula as:

{orders.partnumber}= starts with "149"

If partnumber is a string field, it would be:

{orders.partnumber} startswith "149"

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search