Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Suppressing Grand Totals in Drill Downs

Status
Not open for further replies.

pajr777

Technical User
Feb 18, 2003
GB
Hi,

How can Grand Totals, contained in the Report Footer Section, be suppressed whilst drilling down?

Thanks,

Paul

Hi,

I'm assuming that your using the standard "hide drilldown ok" and "show all headers on drilldown" options.

I've found this is not allways the best option.

I use these 2 formulas and with a little modification there's no limit to how far you can drilldown.

//Place in Group Header1 and suppress

WhilePrintingRecords;
If not inrepeatedgroupheader then BooleanVar GH1Flag := True

//Keep GH2 from repeating. Conditionally format GH2 to suppress

WhilePrintingRecords;
BooleanVar GH1Flag

Using this technique you won't have to worry about report totals when you drilldown.

Just another approach...

Nuffsaid

This doesn't work when the Grand Total is in the Report Footer section. Should I create a new group and put it in Group Footer section?

Hi Paul,

I'm a little baffeled. Can you give me a little more detail as to what is happening? How many group levels are you drilling into? Using the technique above the report total should not appear at all on the drilldown page.

Nuffsaid.

Thanks, I got it working in the end. I used something similar, a formula in the RH section and then 'mock' page headers in the GH section.

I'm new to Crystal, and still on the learning curve!

Hi Paul,

Have been building drill-downs and found performance issues(query returns dataset in 12 seconds or less - the report takes over a minute to render - C#, CR.Net, Crystal Web Viewer) that are mitigated when I create the report as a sub-report with the same dataset.
Have you been experiencing any performance issues with your drill-downs?

Regards,

Amit Kohli

Hi Amit,

I ran a few tests on my dataset:

Query Analyser first run: 14 secs
Web viewer: 9 secs
Query Analyser second run: 8 secs

So no, no performance issues there. I'm using CE 8.0 and the ActiveX viewer.

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back