Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Suppressing Dynamic Image section when no image to print

Status
Not open for further replies.

schurers

Programmer
Jul 29, 2009
US
thread766-1444326
Further expanding upon the answer to this thread on how to add a dynamic image to a Crystal report, can the section that the image is placed in be suppressed to not print the blank page when there is no image?

I have placed the image in a group header (org) and not every org is going to have an image. When there is no image, I get a blank page printing. I have tried working with the suppression formulas identifying those orgs that will not have an image but so far no luck. Any suggestions????

You should be able to just check "suppress blank section" in the section expert to get the desired results.

-LB

That was the first thing I tried and it was not able to get it to work because it still sees the image in the section.

I checked off Suppress Blank Section on the Section Expert.

The image itself has code placed in the picture tab of the format editor to handle what image to print under what condition, but if there is no image to print for that condition I get a blank page and this throws off my page numbering.

Can you format section to suppress if your image condtion formula is null.

Ian

Please explain the method you used to place the image in the section. If it involved a formula, please post the formula.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back