Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Suppressing a subreport 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rena

Programmer
May 24, 2000
US
How do you suppress a subreport when there is no data to be displayed? I have turned on the "Suppress Blank Section" in the subreport - didn't work. I have turned on the "Suppress Blank Section" in the main report - didn't work. I have tried creating a variable in the subreport that is passed back to the main report and suppressed when that variable "IsNull" - didn't work. I have run out of ideas. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!
Rena

Hi,
Better late than never. This thread was really helpful to me insolving the same problem(In my case I could use the Duplicated subreport)

[gorgeous]

I'm new to this and most of what has gone before here is way over my head but would it be correct for me to interpret it as follows:

I have 40 consecutive subreports that have to run under Ver7.0 and each one has to start on a new page. Are you telling me that it is not possible to suppress the blank ones?

I may need to print only the the first five or ten or none and then not print the rest. . I'll get back to reading the posts and the references tonight but would appreciate a short answer in the meantime.

Thanks

Mike

Problem occurs if I try to place a field from second table onto the report and then execute the report. Having two tables linked and only placing field from first table on report works fine.
I have one Member_Speak_mst table(feedback table),it contain the customers feedback records of non-member customer and member customer.The detials of these customers are in two table,customer_master(members),crs_guest_master(non members)
I want to generate report of feedback records with these customers detials report
My problems is these detials of customers are in two different tables.The link between feedback table and Master tables with one unique key field name(book_no_c) in feedback table.I am storing this field from one of the masters table field name(book_no_c).
what are the fields should I add in design time.I linked to tables to Masters,I tried to add both from customer_master crs_guest_master and,but that time data is not displaying.
My table struture is given below briefly

1)Member_Speak_mst table(feedback table)
a)book_no_c
b)member_type
2)customer_master
a)book_no_c
b)name
3)crs_guest_master
a)book_no_c
b)name

I am using 4.6.1.0 version of Crystal Reports
Connectsing my report through ODBC
If you are programming also include:
The version of VB is 6
. OCX is (Crystal32.ocx)

please give a solution

Mailer, please start a new thread for your question. Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Guide to using Crystal in VB
tek@kenhamady.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back