Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Suppressing A Column

Status
Not open for further replies.

CIBS

Technical User
Nov 15, 2007
GB
Hi

I am using CR 9

I have a cross tab table displaying resolution for members of staff

example

user incomplete complete Total

Dave 1 25% 3 75% 4
Lisa 3 30% 7 70% 10

what I want to do is get the tabel to look like the below

user incomplete Total

Dave 1 25% 4
Lisa 3 30% 10

The titles are from a formula called @Status (This is basically converting No. to Text Values)

Any Help much appreciated

Kind Regards

Stephen

Your best bet is to handle this without using a crosstab, because even though you can suppress the contents of the unwanted column, I don't think the white space will disappear--even with "suppress blank column" checked. If what you are doing is as simple as presented, you could easily handle this without a crosstab by adding a group on user and then using a formula like this:

//{@inc}
if {@status} = "Incomplete" then 1

Then insert a sum on this at the group level. For your total, you would just insert a count on a recurring field at the group level. Then your percentage is simply:

sum({@inc},{table.user})%count({table.field},{table.user})

Place this in the group footer and then suppress the detail field.

-LB

Or, you could just exclude the incomplete records from your report. That is, just add the following to your record selection formula:

{table.field}<>"incomplete"

Howard Hammerman,
Crystal Training and Crystal Material
On-site classes and one-on-one coaching
Low-cost telephone/email support
FREE independent Crystal newsletter
howard@hammerman.com
800-783-2269

hi

Thanks for both the responses, I have tried the above and the percentage don't work correctly as they come back 100% I want there true value without having to show the completed section.

Sorry to be a pain

Did you try my suggestion? Because you wouldn't have gotten 100% for the incomplete percentage.

-LB

yeah I tried it but They all get the same percentages

I have 3 levels of grouping in my report

Group 1 - Region
Group 2 - User
Group 3 - Call

The reason for a group on the call is that there is loads of history within and I only want to know if it was closed complete or closed incomplete

First you should limit your records in the selection formula to closed and incomplete or complete. If you have duplicate records due to row inflation, then you need to use a running total instead of the conditional formula I suggested for the incomplete value. If this is the case, let me know. otherwise, please show the formulas you used when trying to implement my suggestion and a sample of your results, as I believe you implemented it incorrectly.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back