Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Suppress the space too not only the contents of a section

Status
Not open for further replies.

dorub

Programmer
Oct 15, 2002
RO
Hi,
I have this report with the Page Footer formatted to conditionally suppress. The problem is that the Crystal Reports only suppresses the contents of the page footer and the space the page footers occupy still appears as blank at the bottom of the report.Is there any solution to suppress that space too in order to gain a little more room for other contents ?

Sounds like you have the suppression for each content rather than at the section.

From the design tab, right click on the page footer section at the left side of the report canvas and click on format section.

Check the Suppress and then click on the X+2 button and insert your conditional suppression formula there.

Might want to post your suppression formula.

-LW

It'a a simple report with Page Header, Details and Page Footer
only that befor the actual report I must display some "notifications" on the fist page (in Report Header Section). The problem is that the space of the page footers still appears as blank at the bottom of my fist page forcing the text to split to the second page.I just want one full page with some text on the fist page and after that the report itself.

suppress with a formula: pagenumber>1 to supress something after page 1.

yes , I've done that and the content of the Footer is suppressed but the space occupied by the Footer Section still appears on the bottom of my fist page as blanks (and because of that my text is forced to split to the second page). If I totally suppress the section, the fist page is displayed ok (but then I don't have any Footer for the rest of the report )...

I use Crystal Reports delivered with Visual Studio 2003 / SQL Server

Unlike other sections, space will still be reserved at the bottom of pages when page footers are conditionally suppressed. However, I think your problem can be solved by formatting the report header too "New Page After".

-LB

Unfortunately, formatting the report header too "New Page After" didn't solved the problem

How about clicking on the "supress blank section" checkbox?

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

did that too, no success
It seems like when page footers are conditionally suppressed CR reserves the space no matter what.

What exactly is in the page footer and why are you conditionally supressing it? Is this something that could be moved to a group footer?

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

Doesn't make sense. Are you sure you have the notifications in the Report Header section?

I use Crystal 8.5 and I have notifications in the Report Header Section. I have "New Page After" checked as lbass indicated and the page footer does not show on my first page.

-LW

The report I'm printing is a contract and it must have a "section" for signatures of both parts on the bottom of every page except the first one.That's why I used the page footer.
Basically is a master/detail report where "the terms of agreement" are stipulated on the first page and came from the master table,and the contract itself with all the items (from the detail table)
The content in the page footer isn't displayed even if not suppressed because of the size of the Report Header but the footer still appears as blanks.That's why I thought suppressing might solve the problem .
Anyway, I use a workaround to this by shortening the text so that it would end before the footer section.

thanks a lot for the help and please excuse my grammar.

The page footer section will not appear at all on the first page if you format the report header section to new page after, so my guess is either you didn't have the report header section highlighted when you checked "new page after," or your document is not in the report header section.

You might also try reducing the font in order to get the document to fit on the first page.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back