Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Suppress only selective records

Status
Not open for further replies.

rekhatr10

Programmer
Apr 2, 2004
US
Hi Everyone,

Crystal Version 7.0
SQL Server 2000

Tables
CLproblem
Appointments
Joining on account numbers from appoiuntmetn to clproblem.

I am seeing whoever came to the clinic how many had dx of
250, 401. I have 2 group one for Account number and other for Dx. I have to dispaly all the ICD9 for 250 including 250.1,250.72,401,401.3 etc.

Example of data that has to be returned

Any suggestions will be helpfule

Thank you for your help
Rekha

You didn't really explain what your issue was. Could you use a record selection statement like the following? This would be the simplest approach:

{table.dx} startswith ["250","401"]

If the dx could be higher than 1000, then you could use:

left({table.dx},3) in ["250","401"]

-LB

Hi,

I have a Groupby named parameter with discrete range. I am trying to select one of those and suppress the rest of the group order. Which is the correct function for suppress? Any help is arreciated. Thanks

Not sure what you're trying to do, but go to the section expert->group header/details/group footer->suppress->x+2 and enter your suppression criteria, e.g.,

{table.groupfield} <> "X"

Or you could consider using group selection to select groups that do meet your criteria. Go to report->edit selection formula->GROUP and enter your criteria there,.e.g., to select all groups with more than two records, you would use:

count({table.field},{table.groupfield}) > 2

-LB

What is a Groupby supposed to mean?

And does "of those and suppress the rest of the group order" mean that you're trying to suppress all other groups, or does order have something to do with it?

I think that what you might mean is that you want to conditionally select rows based on a parameter selected. If so, this has nothing to do with grouping, just use the Report->Edit Selection Formula and referecne your parameter as in:

{table.field} = {MyParameterChosen}

Try posting a bit more technical information:

Example data (not what's in the report, what's in the database)
Expected output (based on what's in the data)

-k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back