Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Suppress Object_Visibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamtrying

Technical User
Sep 28, 2004
US
Hello,

I have generated a report and added a text object to the PH display to the users( No Records Found For This Date)when no records are found.

Currently, only a blank page is shown when no records are found. Obvisously, the users think there is something wrong.

I placed this code in the suppress format editor, but it does not help. Is there a better way?

Not(Isnull(Count({INCIDENT.PROBLEM_CODE}))) or Count({INCIDENT.PROBLEM_CODE}) > 0

That code should work....

do you have the Convert NULLs to default turned on? Check under the File menu in both Options(on the Reporting tab) and under File\Report Options.

mrudolph

It was working but suddenly stop. I turned on Convert NULLs to default, but still a no show. I have been reading about a WhilePrinting function. How does it work?

im in danger of looking a bit stupid by saying this if im wrong but arent your formulas the wrong way round? it has been a long day so sorry if i am wrong!

isnt your formula saying if the count is bigger than zero surpress

You are correct Bloke. If the count of problems codes are greater than 0, do not show the text (No Records Found For This Date). I understand, I had to look closer look.

The idea is to suppress the text if records are in the report and show the text if there are no records.

incase you want
Isnull(Count({INCIDENT.PROBLEM_CODE})) or Count({INCIDENT.PROBLEM_CODE}) <= 0

Actually, you don't want to turn on convert nulls to default. I was merely saying check that you don't have that turned on as it would render the IsNull part of your code useless.

Are you sure you truly have zero records? You aren't getting a blank page because of items/sections being suppressed but there are still records being returned? What does the record count in the lower right hand part of the window show when you run the report and get a blank page that is assumably "no records"?

mrudolph

Hey guys, I feel really out of touch. The problem was (Suppress Printing If No Records) was select in report options. Its fine now.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back