Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Suppress more than 1 value in Select Expert 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustineK

Technical User
Aug 27, 2007
ZA
Hi
I'm trying to create a report for Top 10 customers. The report is grouped by Office name (Group #1) and then by Customer name (Group #2). For certain offices, I want the customer names suppressed. How do I do this? If I go to Section Expert, select the Group #2 and then insert a formula in the Suppress section it works if I use 1 office, but the minute I try and do more than 1 office, it doesn't suppress anything. The formula that works is {OFFNO} = 68. The report is not grouped by Offno, but that field is suppressed in the details part of my report.
Any ideas how I can suppress multiple office nbrs for Group #2?
Thanks
Justine

You should have given the formula that fails. I'd have thought it should work as
Code:
{OFFNO} in [68, 72, 83]
It could also be done by 'OR', but that's long-winded.

For any formula that fails, try making it a formual field and putting it with the data to see if it works.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Crystal 10 & 11.5 with Windows XP [yinyang]

I had tried with {OFFNO} in (68, 72, 83), but that had not worked. I'll try now with the [] brackets

Thanks LB and Madawc. The [] brackets did the trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back