Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Suppress if previous section no suprresed

Status
Not open for further replies.

MartinCroft

Programmer
Jun 12, 2003
GB
Hi

I have 2 sections and I want to be able to un-suppress the 2nd on based on if the first is suppressed or not. Its not as easy as reversing the suppression logic as there are duplications involved, which work find for the 1st section. Ideally what I am looking for is the code to do this and put in suppression section of the 2nd section

If {group 3a}.suppressed = true then false

Is there any way of doing this through code.

Thanks

MysticMart

What is the group a supression formula?

Why are you supressing as opposed to using group selection formulas?

Also, please never post anything without giving your version of crystal.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

"If you have a big enough dictionary, just about everything is a word"
--Dave Barry

Crystal version 10

I have a graph in the section a which displays various information on data size 0-100Mg 150-250 and so on what I was finding was that the 0-100 section returned to many results to be of any use in a graph so I was supressing if the count from the group was > 15 and when that section was suppressed I wanted to show the section b below which notified that results had been suppressed.

Thanks

Mysticmart

In section a if you supress where the count of the group is > 15 and in section b you supress where the count of the group is < 15.

This will then display section b if section a is supressed.

HTH

-Steve

"if at first you don't succeed, sky diving is not for you"!!! :eek:)

Thanks

The problem being with that is I am repeating the group header on each page as there is a lot of data being presented at the details level, I tried using InRepeatedGroupHeader but it shows as false for each section that need to be supressed and the one that doesn't

this works for the 1st section and hides the one I dont want

if InRepeatedGroupHeader=true then true;
if Count ({prGetSpaceLog;1.TABLE_NAME}, {@Table Sizes}) > 15 then false

I added in but this doesn't work, and tried various combinations

if InRepeatedGroupHeader=true then false;

Is there no way to test if a section is supressed through code?

InRepeatedGroupHeader is itself a boolean, so you might try:

If InRepeatedGroupHeader then false else
else true

Or variations of this formula.

When you say "thru code" are you talking about VB program? If so you are in the wrong forum. Try forum768 Business Objects: Crystal Reports 3 Integrate Forum.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

"If you have a big enough dictionary, just about everything is a word"
--Dave Barry

Cheers

That did the trick using the suggested code and flipping the 'If InRepeatedGroupHeader then false' to true.

Thanks for the help

mysticmart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back