Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Suppress display warning

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterRacker

Oct 13, 1999
US
I have a specialized system that requires an 852x480 display resolution. I had to add an NVidia Quadro adapter then use the PowerStrip utility to create a custom resolution. It all works correctly except that XP is throwing a system tray balloon warning about my screen resolutiuon and color depth being set very low.

I had hoped that a simple Google would show me how to disable that warning however, no such luck. Does anyone know how to suppress this warning?

_____
Jeff
[small][purple]It's never too early to begin preparing for [/purple]International Talk Like a Pirate Day
"The software I buy sucks, The software I write sucks. It's time to give up and have a beer..." - Me[/small]

When it pops up, try to right click on it. If that does not work, I'm sure it is in the Display properties somewhere (Advanced tab, then General tab---dpi settings to custom? All under Diplay Properties, Settings tab in the Control Panel). Or Goole the error, along with the words "registry tweaks". Hope this helps. Linux won't give you those stupid balloons...

Tim

I can make it go away manually however this is an unattended system that does an autologin after a reboot and has no keyboard or mouse. Therefore I need to suppress the warning from appearing at all.

The first go-around I was searching against "warnings". I did find out how to disable "balloon tips" from the notification area. Unfortunately it's an all or nothg deal and only user specific. Might be the best I can do.

(MSKB Article: 307729)

_____
Jeff
[small][purple]It's never too early to begin preparing for [/purple]International Talk Like a Pirate Day
"The software I buy sucks, The software I write sucks. It's time to give up and have a beer..." - Me[/small]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back