Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SUPPRESS A TEXT BOX WHEN A REPORT FIELD MATCHES EITHER VALUE

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMB62476

IS-IT--Management
Apr 6, 2022
US
Hi All!
Brand New here...
Looking for some much-needed help with a Crystal Reports Formula.

I am working on modifying a packing list form that is shared between two different companies
I have added a text field (Let's Call it "Address1") that needs to be suppressed.

There is a field on my report {HDRXXXXDEF.COMPANY_NAME} that under normal
circumstances will have one of these two values "COMPANY A" or "COMPANY B"

When my shipment is BLIND however, the {HDRXXXXDEF.COMPANY_NAME} DOES NOT populate
with "COMPANY A" or "COMPANY B" and INSTEAD populates with the customer's name.

When my shipments are BLIND and the {HDRXXXXDEF.COMPANY_NAME} filed populates with
ANYTHING other than "COMPANY A" or "COMPANY B", I need the "Address1" text to be supressed.

I have tried the following w/ no success

-- {HDRXXXXDEF.COMPANY_NAME} <> "COMPANY A" OR {HDRXXXXDEF.COMPANY_NAME} <> "COMPANY B"
THIS SUPPRESSES THE TEXT ALL THE TIME

-- {HDRXXXXDEF.COMPANY_NAME} like "COMPANY A" or {HDRXXXXDEF.COMPANY_NAME} like "COMPANY B"
THIS ACTUALLY PRODUCES THE OPPOSITE RESULT OF WHAT I NEED IT TO DO - IT SHOWS THE TEXT WHEN THE SHIPMENT IS BLIND - IT'S THE CLOSEST THAT I HAVE COME

-- IF ({HDRXXXXDEF.COMPANY_NAME} <> "ACTION SUPPLY PRODUCTS INC" or {HDRXXXXDEF.COMPANY_NAME} <> "STAR WIPERS INC.") THEN true ELSE false
THIS SUPPRESSES THE TEXT ALL THE TIME

I would be grateful for any help here, Thank You!

Not({co_name} in ["Co_A","Co_B"])

Or you could use:

{Co_Name}<>"Co_A" and
{Co_Name}<>"Co_B"

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back