Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Suppress a Group Header on Drill Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

didonato

MIS
Aug 29, 2001
US
How do I suppress a group header on drill down in version SCR v8? Does anyone have any formula's I can use? Here is an example of my data:

The group will always have only ONE record, and the details also will have only ONE record. I tried using running totals and various other options, but everything always totals (1).

why are you grouping if your groups always have one record? Are you trying to get the group header to show only once per page rather than at the top of every group? Software Support for Sage Mas90, Macola, Crystal Reports, Goldmine and MS Office

This is a Financial report with thousands of records that retrieves one record of the thousands. The record selected has 40 fields used from a possiable 80. The report that I created looks more like a form. This table is linked to another table that displays one record with many fields. Here is an example of the report:

(GH1)

abc.rec_id abc.name abc.address
abc.city abc.zip abc.phone
abc.category1
abc.category2
abc.category3
etc.

(Details) Hide (Drilldown OK)

xyz.service xyz.amount
xyz.labor xyz.amount
xyz.overhead xyz.amount

When the report starts it prompts me for an abc.rec_id, it then displays that rec_id and populates the GH1 and hides the detail section. When I double click on the abc.categories the detail information shows(Which is always one record with many fields) but the GH1 information shows again and that what I'm trying to suppress. I do not want to use subreports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back