Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Suppress a group footer with a value calculated by a variable

Status
Not open for further replies.

torolimon

Technical User
Oct 30, 2008
US
I have a field in the Group Footer called Elapsed Time By Days. This field is calculated by a variable and is a number. I'm wanting to create a parameter that allows the user to select "0 ot 7 Days", "8 to 30 Days", and "31 to 90 Days" and then they would only see records with those values. For the "0 to 7 Days", I can suppress all values < 0 but when I try to add the suppress values > 8, it doesn't suppress anything. Any Ideas?

This is what I was trying:
if {?Readmission} = "0 to 7 Days" then {@Elapsed Time By Days Variable} < 0
else
if {?Readmission} = "0 to 7 Days" then {@Elapsed Time By Days Variable} > 8

Im fairly confused with your post but .... (it aint hard to confuse me! :) )
how are you computing the elapsed days? I assume it is either a DB Field or a formula that computes the difference between 2 dates?

and if you only want the user to see those dates, why not put it in the selection formula then you dont need to suppress anything.

I assume you are placing this formula in the suppress formula in section expert of the Group Footer

Try

if {?Readmission} = "0 to 7 Days" and {@Elapsed Time By Days Variable} >= 0 and {@Elapsed Time By Days Variable} <= 7 then false
else
if {?Readmission} = "8 to 30 Days" then {@Elapsed Time By Days Variable} >= 8 and {@Elapsed Time By Days Variable} <= 31 then false
else
if {?Readmission} = "31 to 90 Days" then {@Elapsed Time By Days Variable} >= 31 and {@Elapsed Time By Days Variable} <= 90 then false
else
true

Ian

CoSpringsGuy,
{@Elapsed Time By Days Variable} = datediff("d",{@tot display 1st Discharge Time},{@tot1 display 2nd Admit Time})

It's calculated by doing a datediff on two times calculated using variables.

IanWaterman,
That did the trick. It is working perfectly. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back