Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Suppress a Crosstab row conditionally

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgakhar

Programmer
Dec 14, 2005
MX
Hi,
I have a Crosstab with about 20 rows and 1 column and 1 summarized field.
In the Customize Style tab, I have Suppress Row Grand Totals and Suppress column grand totals as Yes. For all rows I have Suppress subtotal as Yes also.

What I need to do is to not display some of the rows conditionally. If I right click on a particular row and go to Format Field --> Common and check Suppress and provide the condition, on execution it simply displays an empty column. I dont want to see the empty either.

Any help would be appreciated.

Im using CR10.

Thanks,
MG.

Well the condition is based on the users input. The user doesnt want to view some information and that I need to suppress.

MG.

Instead of suppression, use the condition in your record selection formula, as in:

{table.field} = {?parameter}

Or if the user is choosing fields to exclude, then change the formula to:

{table.field} <> {?parameter}

-LB

This will just filter records. That is not what I want to do. I want suppress an entire Column condionally.

MG

Filtering is generally superior to suppression. You are not providing enough information. Please explain why filtering is not an option--it is actually much simpler than conditional suppression in a crosstab, and it is difficult to actually remove the space once suppression is implemented. Perhaps show some sample data. What exactly is the condition you want to use for suppression?

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back