Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

sljulian

Technical User
Mar 1, 2011
US
The company I work for has two offices that have Opt 81c’s that are call centers with about 600 agents between them both. Our vender has recently told us that they will not renew our maintenance contract when it expires.
I was asked if I can handle the maintenance for a short time. I would expect this short time to be less than a year. I have over 27 years working on PBX and hybrid’s systems but just over one year with Nortel and no formal training on Nortel. They are looking in to changing out both locations but until a decision has been made if the equipment will be replaced completely or try and find a local company to take over the maintenance. So here are my questions.
The systems are relatively solid both are redundant CPU’s and way over kill for what they are doing day in and day out.

1. Do you know of a company that will provide technical phone support for these systems.
2. what is the going hourly rate. Most of the support would probably be after 6PM PST.
3. Where can I get replacement parts?

Thank you

Plenty of vendors will support you. Depending on your location I can put you in contact with someone.

Sorry, I forgot that! Washington state.

Verizon was the incumbent? I have heard they are not renewing maintenance contracts.

I have some information about support groups in Washington, I work at UW Medical Center.

Frontier was just here presenting a case for supporting CS1000's. Windstream is a player in this area too.

Retrotel is the vendor we use for a lot of refurbished parts, Brian is great to work with and they always provide great support.

Are you part of the INUA group in Washington?

Contact me, I will introduce you to my current vendor support. They are one of the best in the Bay Area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back