Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Supervisor and Oracle 8i

Status
Not open for further replies.

reetamittal

Technical User
Jan 29, 2002
US
Hi All,

I am trying to create a repository thru supervisor for the first time using Oracle 8i. I am running Windows 2000 and BO 5.1.3.
But I am getting follwing error.

"Server is not responding (SBO0001)"
Contact system administrator for help.

Does anyone have any suggestions how to solve this?

Thanks in Advance.

Reeta

Do you try to do it using Oracle client driver or ODBC driver ?

Can you reach your database with other tools such sqlplus or Toad ?

Does it works when you click on test connection ?

I tried it with Oracle Client Driver.

Yes I can reach the database with SQLPLus. I have a Web project that is using this database. Everything is working fine there.

No it does not work when I click test connection, rather I am getting the previously mentioned error on click of Test button only.

Thanks,
Reeta

Have you in your registry only one oracle home ? I had this problem because, Oracle 7 and oracle 8i were both installed on my computer. I uninstalled oracle 7 and oracle 8i, I reinstalled only oracle 8i and it works fine.

I have only one Oracle home. Yesterday only I have formatted my machine and installed Oracle 8i. After doing this I tried again but again the same problem.

Hi,

My problem is solved. I think I was using the wrong version of Oracle 8i (8.1.5) with Windows 2000. BO worked fine with Windows NT and Oracle 8i (8.1.5). I will try with Oracle 8i(8.1.7) with Windows 2000.

Thank you all.

Reeta

HI Reeta,

I also faced a similar problem when i tried to create repository using Oracle 8i. What happened in my is case is like this:
When I install Oracle 8.1.7 client on Windows 2000/NT machine a dll named ociw32.dll is not installed & thats the reason you get that error. Copy this file from other installations nito your system23 folder.

While installing BO on your machine, if you had given the check middleware option, then it would generate a txt file in which you will see that it mentions that this dll is missing.
if you get time, try it out..

Bets Luck!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back