Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Superviser Observe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 23, 2007
GB
Hi,
I have a nortel cs1000 and use OTM, im wanting to setup myself as a supervisor so i can monitor agent calls, i know i need to use acd etc but how do i find out Supervisor ID etc, step by step instructions to setup would be great

Simply build your set as an ACD supervisor with OBV key, press the observe key and enter the position ID of the phone you want to listen to.

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

Ok Next question, how do i build my set as a supervisor do which features do i add, then how do i set the agents so i can observer there call

under CLS add SPV

add OBV key

Shouldnt have to do anything with agents, start observing.

JohnThePhoneGuy

Do i need to create an ACD queue, if so how do i do this thru OTM?

Dont use OTM so not sure.

JohnThePhoneGuy

Please correct me if I'm wrong but...in order to observe an agent they need to have a position ID. In order for an agent to have a position ID, they need to be an acd agent. To be an acd agent they need to be assigned to an acd queue.

So, chances are, you already have acd queues built in ld 23 and agents assigned to them. ACD queues don't show up in OTM, you need to login to the system terminal.

Correct mattfx, they'd have to change key 0 to the acd q and add the agent id, in the CLS add SPV and then add an OBV xxxx key

ok, now im confused. Could some1 give me some instructions on what i need to to do to check what acd q i need to setup or use then how to set up a phone to be the agent and one to be the supervisor

Simon

All the steps have been written here. The only thing I left off in my post was crating the key 0 but thats my fault for assuming you would know that to build an acd supervisor set.

it doesn't matter what acd key 0 is, just create an acd phone with CLS=spv and one of the other keys OBV.

then press the OBV key, enter the position ID of the phone you want to listen to.

I couldn't type that any slower.

JohnThePhoneGuy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back