Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SuperStack II Switch 3000 - Lost Passwords 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

kjfehn

MIS
Mar 20, 2001
US
I am the fifth network person at my company in 3 years and nothing is documented. We have 2 SS II Switch 3000's both with passwords set for all accounts but the almost useless manager account. I have no idea what the passwords are. Is there anyway out of this mess?

Thanks,
Keith

Was on a 3com few months back and a few guys mentioned that older firmwares on the older switches had a back door account,

can't right remember what was said but i think the username was comcomcom as in 3com, might be an old wives tale but worth a bash using the user name above and the usual passwords, ie leave blank, password or use admin and comcomcom, anything is worth a shot.

Also when changing passwords i never use the web interface always use the console, infact its of big benefit to try and use the console for everything and the web interface can be a lttle roppy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back