Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Superscript 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoyceEllis

Programmer
Jul 31, 2000
US
Within a large text block, I need do designate footnotes and I'd like the footnote number to be raised above the normal typing line, as a superscript. Does anyone know how to do this? I've never seen superscript in the formatting options. Thanks!

Joyce Ellis

I've never seen that, but I do occasionally do a hanging indent (which improves the visibility of a number at the start of a footnote). In Text Format|Paragraph Formatting|Indentations, put the First Line to negative .25, and the Left to .25.
Not quite what you asked for...
Malcolm

Hi Joyce Ellis,
I'm a newbie to the wonderful world of Crystal Reports, but you can find a work-around to do your superscripting notations at Crystal Decisions Knowledge Base page. The following reference numbers might be helpful for you if you are still looking for this information: C2001778 and C2010059. The last reference is the full work-around showing you how to format a field that shows superscript fonts. Good luck. Crystal doesn't handle word processing functions too well, and I'm looking at how much work it will take me to create a DLL to handle footnote occurences in a report when the length of a string gets beyond a user defined limit. I think I can install the DLL into the User Function Library (UFL) in the Formula Editor. I've had problems with strings that exceed 255 characters in CR (limitiation in C / C++). Nice chatting with you. If you have any easy solution to my "footnote" problem, drop me a note.

Best regards,
Bill Short a.k.a. DerBillster :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back