Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

superbar

Status
Not open for further replies.

PappaG

Technical User
Nov 21, 2003
GB
Hi Does anyone know the folder location for the superbar. I deleted the three default icons shown on the taskbar I.E, windows explorer and media player. I can get quick launch open but its not the same and i can't find where to place these shortcuts so they appear back on the taskbar?

If you right-click on a Shortcut (or the .exe) you should see the option to "Pin to Taskbar

hi linney i don't seem to have that option since deleting these icons although by looking at another PC i think all i need to do is copy the origonal shortcuts back into a folder called taskbar...from memory the location is /users/username/appdata/roaming/taskbar
be aware that may not be exactly correct as i dont have a windows 7 pc in front of me right now but i did a search from another windows 7 pc and it was deffo a folder called taskbar somewhere in the roaming profile.

Linney is right.
Just open the program and right click it and pin it to the taskbar.

ACSS - SME (IP Office)
ACA - Implement IP Telephony -- ACA - Design IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

Taskbar seems to be an odd sort of folder in that you can search for it in various locations from the root of the drive down through Users, AppData, Roaming, and perhaps more. Search will find it and allow you to open it (in Search) but if you look for it by just browsing or opening the location that you started Search in you will not see it. This is what I have discovered and I am showing both Hidden and System files too.

These are the results I get when I attempt to copy the address and location of Taskbar that my search has found.

search-ms:displayname=Search%20Results%20in%20Microsoft&crumb=location:C%3A%5CUsers%5CXXXXXX%20XXXXX%5CAppData%5CRoaming%5CMicrosoft\TaskBar

search-ms:displayname=Search%20Results%20in%20Computer&crumb=location:%3A%3A{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}\TaskBar

The XXXXX is just me erasing my user name.

hmmm i copied the files bac k into this folder and still dont work also if i pin new files to taskbar they dont appear :-(

I have not had the pleasure of using Windows 7 yet, so forgive me if this is a little naive ....
If these icons are still in the trashcan, can you not restore them back to their original folder as in XP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back