Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sun solaris 10 local and remote console lost!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Programmer
Dec 31, 2010
SA
Dear Members,
I was configuring remote console on my Avaya CMS server(SUN Solaris 10) system to test that the modem i configured for remote access is working fine. I followed the Avaya documentation for the same. Unfortunately after redirecting the local console to remote console the modem line was accidently pulled and i lost the session.
Now i cant access the system locally or remotely, locally the monitor is blank and keyboard not detected/working, remotely the modem is not working and i cant configure a new modem..so i cant access remotely..

how can i get the control back locally??? Please help as the system was meant to go live this week and we are in deep trouble....

I suggest that you attach a PC to the ALOM port and login to the console and revert your changes

If that is a problem (no display from the console) then drop back to the ALOM prompt #. and set INPUT/OUTPUT parameters again ..... (with the "set" command) .....

Code:
INPUT/OUTPUT
input-device=keyboard
Input device used at power-on ( 
keyboard, ttya, or  ttyb).  
keyboard-click?=false
keyboard click sound
keymap:  
For custom keyboards
output-device=screen
Output device used at power-on
(screen,
ttya, or ttyb).
ansi-terminal?=true
controls  the behavior of the
terminal emulator.
The value false causes  the terminal emulator to  stop
interpreting ANSI escape sequences resulting in  echoing them
to the output device. 
screen-#columns=80
screen-#rows=34
Columns and Rows of display screen

Laurie.

Dear tarn,
Thanks for the info , i will try this out. Is there any other way get the console back, like any hardware key combination or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back