Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sun server connections.

Status
Not open for further replies.

yogitech1

Technical User
Nov 23, 2011
US
I have a Sun System V210 blade server and I don't know how to connect it to my desktop so that I can use it to it's fullest capcity. What cabels do I need it has no video card so I can't use a monitor on it? The server has a serial mgt. port, net mgt. port and serial port as well as 4 10/100/1000 ethernet ports, 2 USB's and a skiiny looking port market with a "<-" semble inside a box.

Have you set the box up via the serial or net management port?

The internet - allowing those who don't know what they're talking about to have their say.

IT hasn't really been setup at all I've never used a blade server before so I'm not sure where to start to access what is on the unit, to my knowledge it has never been used. I want to change the operating system on it to something I am familiar with. I know nothing of Solaris unless you know someone that wants to buy it for a good price?, I plugged it in and it does turn on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back