Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Summing calculated text boxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

perrymans

IS-IT--Management
Nov 27, 2001
US
I have two textboxes as follows:

txtDuesYearFee
ControlSource:
Code:
=IIf(Nz([cboDuesYearID],"")="","",DLookUp("[DuesYearFee]","Tbl_DuesYearFee","[DuesYearID] = " & [cboDuesYearID]))

AND

txtBalance
ControlSource:
Code:
=IIf(NZ([txtAmountPaid],"")="","",[txtAmountPaid]-[txtDuesYearFee])

So the first is looking up the DuesYearFee, and the second is calculating balance based on the DuesYearFee and the AmountPaid by the member.

This is a continuous form.

I would like to place a textbox in the Form Footer to Sum([txtBalance]), but it does not work.

My guess is because it is trying to calculate calculated information (maybe happening at the same time).

How would this be done?

Thanks. Sean.

You might need to create a field in your query for the form, which calculates the same result as txtBalance, then set the control source for the textbox in the form footer to that field.

Have fun! :eek:)

Alex Middleton

Perhaps this ?
=Sum(IIf(NZ([txtAmountPaid],0)=0,0,[txtAmountPaid]-[txtDuesYearFee]))

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

No dice. #Error

Can't do it in the query because I won't be able to add records because of the table structure.

I may just pass if too difficult.

Thanks.

Sean.

And this ?
=Sum(IIf(Val([txtAmountPaid] & "")=0, 0, Val([txtAmountPaid] & "")-Val([txtDuesYearFee] & "")))

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back