Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Summary without subreport

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigglesUK

MIS
Jun 29, 2005
GB
Hello,

I have a report which currently uses a subreport to summarise all the entries in the main report. I supress the details section, and use group 1 and group 2 for the main bit of data.

We have 4 customer groups. DOM, EXP, I/CO, KSS. They each have a summary of the data in Group Footer 1, and the "details" breakdown in Group Footer 2.

In the report footer I then have the grand total and under that ive imported the same report with as a subreport, but with the Group Footer 2 supressed, to show Group Totals and Grand Total. Unfortunatly as it now has 2 reports in it refreshes twice and because it uses big tables takes 5 minutes to run. By the time the 2nd report is run the data is different from the first one so the sums dont tot up.

Is there any way of passing the data from each group total, to a summary I can put in the report footer. So it only need to run the report once?

thanks in anticipation.

Andrew

First try inserting a crosstab in the report footer that uses the Group #1 field as the row.

Or you could use running totals for the summaries, where you use evaluation based on a formula:

{table.group} = "DOM"

Reset never. Place these in the report footer.

The crosstab is the way to go, if possible.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back