Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Summary Within a Report on the Page Footer 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

FunnyGuy

Technical User
May 26, 2003
CA
Hi all,

I am trying to create a summary within a single report. I am taking Job Numbers (Various) breaking it up into dividual job and showing its total hour (Regular Hours and Overtime in different column table) within a date range of 2 weeks. (All this Information is on one table.)

example:

JobNo. Reg Hrs O/T
125 8 1
6001 4 2
4333 6 0
6002 8 0

Can you help me please...

You can create the report with grouping for JobNo, and say YES to a group footer. In the footer, place unbound textboxes for each field.
First field containing: [JobNo]
Second field: =Sum([RegHrs])
Third: =Sum([OT])

-Pete

Thanks Pete but it isn't exactly what i am looking for, sorry for not being more specific. I don't quite not how to explain it. You see i have a table called "CurrentTimeSheet" and in its fields are the following heading TDate,Employee,JobNo,Description,TypeTime(Regular/OverTime/Sick/Vacation etc.) and Total Hours. Which the info is taken from TimeSheetRecord, Where all the data are kept.

I have sorted the report by "Employee","TDate" and "JobNo" (Footer only for "JobNo". Each day you work on specific job for specific hours. The report now display the JobNo,Description,TypeTime and the Hours for each Job on a single line. It also shows the total sum hours for the whole entire 2 weeks for Regular Hours and Overtime Hours in the Employee Footer (also where the Summary is going to be).

What I want is to gather each JobNo for the current 2 weeks and display a summary in the report for all the Jobs during the 2 weeks for the current employee with its total Regular Hours and OverTime(if any) for that job.

I hope this help explain, so if anyhelp would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

To get your RegHrs, OTHrs, SickHrs, etc. to show up as seperate values, even though they are stored in a single field you must use a crosstab query. The query will have:

RowHeadings - TDate,Employee,JobNo,Description
ColumnHeading - TypeTime
Value - Sum of TypeTime (not sure as I type that...)

Your report will be based on this query, and must have controls to display the potential values returned by the crosstab.

As for grouping the totals for every two weeks, well that is another story. If you want data for a week, two weeks or a month, etc. then you should probably use criteria to limit records accordingly.

HTH

Rick Racic

Use a summary subreport in your employee footer.

Duane MS Access MVP
[green]Ask a great question, get a great answer.[/green] [red]Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.[/red]
[green]Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.[/green]

Or...you could use the same record source you had and make a sum statement with an IIf statement. I dont know your exact data, but something like this:

=Sum(IIf(TypeTime="Regular",TotalHours,0))

That will give you the sum of the regular hours worked.

-Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back