Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Summary when suppressing records in detail

Status
Not open for further replies.

pnad

Technical User
May 2, 2006
US
Hi,

I have a crystal report (version 10.0) that calculates account balance in the detail section. The report is grouped by various fields and I have put the summary of the account balance in one of the group footer section.

The summary displays the right sum when I run the report.

Then I used the section expert for detail to suppress the record for a particular account number. But the summary does not reflect the new sum i.e original sum minus the account balance for the account number I dont want.

How do I change the summary to reflect the new summary.

I have tried running total but that doesnt work either.

Please advise.

Thanks.

Suppressing doesn't mean stop evaluating my formula (thank god!)

So, why not adjust your calculation of the total to take into account when not to count/total an account balance?

I guess from your post that you have some calculation in you detail section for the balance for every row. So, you can use a running total and in the Evaluate field take 'Use a formula' where you put the same condition as you use for suppression your records.

Is there some reason you are suppressing records instead of using a record selection formula?

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

"What version of URGENT!!! are you using?

Instead of using suppression, I used the record selection criteria to exclude records that I didnt want and that fixed the problem.

Thank you for your responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back