Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Summary row in list report

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starfish2201

Programmer
Sep 4, 2012
US
Hi,

I have a list report for which I need to show data for certain group (like region)

E.g.

Item Region State Qty
----- ------- ------ ---
Item1 Midwest Illinois 10
Wisconsin 2
Indiana 5

Northeast NJ 5
NYC 2
DE 3

Now I am able to show this on list report. But I want 2 summary level rows on TOP of the table(right after column headers) which is Region level and Nation Level and would want the below format.

Item Region State Qty
----- ------- ------ ---
Nation Total 27
Item1 Midwest 17
Illinois 10
Wisconsin 2
Indiana 5

Northeast 10
NJ 5
NYC 2
DE 3

Can you please show some pointers?

Really appreciating your help !

Thanks,

I think this is the reason Singleton's where added from version 8.3 onwards. Basically these can be used EVERYWHERE within the layout as long as the singleton query fetches 1 result for 1 dataitem (like totals)

Ties Blom

Thanks a lot blom0344 !!!

We can use singleton. Just now I found another solution to the same. I added a List Page header to my list. Added cells above it, did Spilt List Row Cell. Then unlocked the report and moved the column headers to list headers. And then merged the cells (which I added above list header) per my need. And then hide column headers from list. This worked fine.

Again thanks a lot for your response !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back