Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Summary Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluePoet

Technical User
Jul 29, 2004
US
Hello, Have a 2nd question to ask and hopefully it will make some sense. We are creating a database to track our service request forms and see what errors our sales reps are making. Thanks to Jazzz we now have a working solution to create a detailed report by date range. The next thing that has been thrown at me and I wanted to see if it was feasible was whether or not we can create a 1 page report that basically will give us the Salesman ID number and then it would tally the errors they had and create a summary as to their totals. For example we have 5 classes of errors, Sales, Production, Customer, Data Entry, and Vendor. Below those classes we may have 5 to 10 choices. What we would like to see done is to have it calculate how many errors where in the Sales Error category and come back and say that Salesman 130 had 10 Sales Errors, 4 Production, 2 Customer, 0 Data Entry, and 4 Vendor per say. Not sure if this is feasible with it being a variety of names in the different categories but thought I would send something out and see what people thought. I hope this post makes a little sense.

Thanks
Blue

When you make your report using the wizard, tell it to group on Salesman ID. In the bottom left of one of the screens will be a button or a check or something and labeled something like totals or aggregate functions. Hit that and check either count or sum on the errors field, which ever is appropriate.

You can access grouping manually by selecting sorting and grouping from the same menu you can get the report properties (right click the black square where the two rulers come together in design view).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back