Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Summary Milestones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Motordeasy

Technical User
Feb 22, 2017
GB
Hi, first-time caller,

in MS Project 16 I have several tasks repeating themselves in groups of subtask. ie several countries but each country have the same tasks and each country is running in parallel to other countries. My question is, I want to be able to see the date, the earliest or latest looking across all countries. Not interest in which country but which country has the earliest date for a set repeating task. Can it be done?

thanks

Hi and welcome to the forum. I'm not sure I understand your question completely. Are the subtasks all grouped under the same summary task? Have you created a summary for each "country"? If so, the summary task start is the earliest start of any subtask and the summary task finish is the latest of any subtask. Can you give more information? Perhaps attach a picture?

Hi

Imagine there were several more countries in the example posted. I want line 20 to look at 5,11,17 and tell me the which line happened first.
Capture_nmqxvs.jpg

thanks

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=daba00a1-392e-4ff5-831c-8e1471d5e830&file=Capture.JPG
So, without IDs - you want the task "break ground" to show the earliest of any of the break ground tasks in each country? This is not something natively accessible in Project. You could do some grouping but you'd have to code the "break ground" tasks using a spare field and then apply a group. Right now the "Break ground task" is scheduled to start after the latest task.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back