Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

summary including to many values

Status
Not open for further replies.

jchev

IS-IT--Management
Oct 12, 2012
US
I'm creating a balance sheet in Crystal 2008. My source table has account, yr, credit1 and debit1(the 1s indicating the period).
I want to show the dollars for each period so I created a formula 'debit1-credit1=balance1'. I also want a summary for all banking accounts in 2012.
I tried to do this by adding suppression logic to the details 'if {?My Parameter}={GL_DATA.GL-Year}THEN FALSE ELSE TRUE' then I inserted a summary for balance1. The suppression worked but the summary added all balances for all years instead of just the one year.
Does anyone know how to prevent this?

Jen

Hi Jen

The problem here is that simply suppressing records will not exclude them from totals.

If the report is only for the one year, you could limit the data to just that year by adding the following to your Record Selection:

{GL_DATA.GL-Year} = {?My Parameter}

If for some reason the report needs to cover more than than 1 year, amend your {@balance} formula as follows:

Code:
If	{GL_DATA.GL-Year} = {?My Parameter}
Then	debit1 - credit1
where debit1 and credit1 are replaced by your actual fileds.

Hope this helps.
Pete.

Thank you Pete, that worked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back