Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

summary formula displaying hooey

Status
Not open for further replies.

andie18

MIS
Aug 14, 2001
US
Hello,

I'm writing a financial summary style report that displays salespeoples activity/closing ratios (Crystal 8.5 developer, GoldMine 5.5 MSSQL backend)

This is my formula problem right now:

(sum({@hpw won}) * Average ({CONTACT2.USOBILLRAT}, {CONTHIST.USERID})) * 52

This formula is suppose to get the sum of @hpw won and the average bill rate and multiply by 52 weeks. Seemed simple enough but the result is way off. For example, on one of the conthist.userid's the sum({@hpw won}) is 0 yet this formula shows 2,447,704.34 so obviously I screwed it up somewhere because it should be a 0.

The report itself is a fairly simple layout. I have 1 group {conthist.userid} and I have these formulas in the group footer. I put them there, because it makes the export to Excel much easier to read. In the select expert I have only one thing, {Conthist.ondate} greaterthan 1/1/2004 12:00:00 a.m.

any help would be greatly appreciated!

hi try this

(sum({@hpw won},{CONTHIST.USERID}) * Average ({CONTACT2.USOBILLRAT}, {CONTHIST.USERID})) * 52

cheers

pg

pgtek

I just figured it out on my little own

and if you're curious, you were right. I guess that I needed the teddy bear treatment

thanks a bunch for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back