Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Summarizing a back log total in current week groups

Status
Not open for further replies.

FloridaHawk

Programmer
Jun 20, 2003
US
Group1: Weekly
Group2: Tech

Fields: New calls that week, closed calls that week and backlog.

Backlog are any open calls from previous weeks.

I am importing the data from a stored proc which has dates and 1's for New calls 0 if no, 1's for closed calls 0 for if no. Summarizing is simply summing the fields. But is there a way to bring in data from an earlier dates and place it in the weekly groups. I have a feeling I will have to redo the sproc. Thanks in advance for your help!!

Consider posting what the SP returns, any parameters and an example of expected output.

Since you didn't state what the Sproc is returning or the parms, I can't possibly know if it can return previous weeks data.

If it's returning the previous weeks data, and the real question is how to group it by weeks, inert a group based on the date, and change the The Section Will Be Printed to: For Each Week.

-k

Sorry! Knew I should have been more descriptive. The owner will pass in a begin and end date parm. The sproc returns the open/closed dt, then 1 or 0 for new call, closed call,and still open call and tech name. The group is by date time and returns weekly values, and by tech. I placed the date parms in formulas for the new and closed calls. It's finding a way to put in the open calls(backlog) into the first week and then do a running total for the next weeks for new open calls that will be added to the backlog. Like I said I may have to do a proc with a loop for each week. Thanks again for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back