Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SumIF Function in MSAccess - any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackeyCat

Technical User
Apr 13, 2001
US
Hi; I have what is hopefully a dumb question. Often in forms I'd like to duplicate the Excel function "SumIF"; I'm not sure how to do it. For example, I created a form footer calculated field which I would LIKE to subtotal only certain records displayed on the form. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for you help, this is aggravating!!

Have u looked at the Domain Agg. funcs.

dCount, Dsum etc.

They may work for you.

Nick

Thank you!! I'm still playing with the syntax but this looks promising! I really appreciate the quick reply as well! If I can just get it to recognize my domain name I think I'll be all set. Thanks again!

I don't know how familiar u r with access but the domain name is just your table/query name.
Hope i don't sound patronising.

Nick

No, you don't sound patronizing! :) Yes, I've been working with query name and continue to get Error results..I have a feeling I'm misssing a quote or bracket type of thing - so close! I will keep plugging away! Thank you!

If u keep getting stuck just post your statement here.

Nick

Thanks again - last night before I logged out I got it in -- I was missing the quotes around the field name - so used to using only brackets! Thanks again for all of your help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back