Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sum Selective Group Names within a Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

GOEERS

Technical User
Jun 24, 2003
US
I created an income statement. I created my own group using specified grouping which grouped revenues into two groups and expenses into 10 groups. I now want to have a total revenue below the two revenue groups and a total expense below the expense groups.

I tried creating a specified group for my totals and included all account numbers I want included, but the totals did not show up because I had these same account numbers in the other specified group that was listed first on the report.

If there is a way to do this, please let me know. I am new at this.

P.S. I am using Crystal 8.5 and connect to my data through ODBC.

I just did an income statement doing the same thing you are doing. You need two groups -
The first group would be the criteria for revenue and expense groups.
The second group would be the criteria for your groupings within revenue and expense.
If your Chart of Accts is well organized, you ought to either be able to pick a segment to base your first group on or maybe use a GL class. You cannot do both your first and second groups based on full GL acct strings. There will have to be one way to group the first group and another way to group the second group.

Then you will have a total for all your revenue accts and a total for all your expense accts in a separate group footer.

Hope this makes sense!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back