Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sum Sections in a Trending Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

KalebsDad78

Technical User
May 6, 2006
US
Hello all... I'm back again. I need your expertise in getting this report corrected.

I am trying to take a trending report that shows the number of ambulance calls for a given period and shows a YoY comparison of those responses for that specific response zone or contracted area.

I have included a screenshot so it might make more sense to you. I am trying to sum the P1-P3 calls & the P4-P8 calls in the GF of each zone and show that in each column.

In column 1 (Calls) I sum using the formula name of 'BeginingTrendCount', column 2 (Transports) 'BeginingTrendTransport', column 3 (CASE's) 'BeginingTrendCase'.

In column 4 (Calls) 'CompletedTrendCount', column 5 (Transports) 'CompletedTrendTransport', column 6 (CASE's) CompletedTrendCase.

In the 'Change' column the formula names are - (Calls) - 'ChangeCallsforServiceArea', (Transports) 'ChangeTransportArea', and (CASEs) - 'ChangeCaseArea'.

So to summarize again, I want to sum P1-P3 and P4-P8 in each section and then across as is already done by call priority. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you!!!

Looks like all you need is a few Running Totals. They would all reset on Group 1, and for each Item you're counting you'd need one with a formula "{type} in ["P1","P2","P3","P4"]" and one for the other group.

Then make your Group 1 footer taller and place them in it.

Hi Charliy,

Thank you for you response. I have tried the running totals but they do not come out accurate and I have tried every possible combination for 'Evaluate' and 'Reset' and the numbers do not add up like they should.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back