Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sum Problem in Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHTHOMAS

Programmer
Jun 16, 1999
AE
Visit site
Hello Everybody,<br><br>It is very urgent. I have a report with a text box(say TXT)in the DETAIL Section. This text box gets it values as a result of a Calculation. I Want the SUM of the TextBox&nbsp;&nbsp;values in the Group Footer of the Report. I did give criteria =Sum([TXT])in the Report Group Footer, but i am being asked the Criteria TXT Value to Enter when i try to Preview or Print the Report.Why? How to Sove this Problem? Please help.<br><br>Any help or suggestion will be highly appreciated.<br><br>Thanks and Regards<br><br>Charley Thomas

Is the value of TXT calculated in the control or in the underlying query of the table? <p>Chris<br><a href=mailto:NaroonHa_IV@hotmail.com>NaroonHa_IV@hotmail.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>Inward Investment Europe sells the most up to date (we actually sell it back to the EU!) information on Europe (EU and CEE). Detailing Inward Investment Incentives, Taxation Rates and Labour regulations among other things. Personal plug... been programmin

<br>Hi Charley<br><br>You have to make another text box that is a running sum of [TXT] (by Group). Make this text box invisible. Then put a text box in the group footer, and make its Control Source the invisible one. <br><br>I hope this helps (and makes sense!)<br><br>Tasmin Zimak<br><br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back