Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sum of Year To Dates

Status
Not open for further replies.

kbarbuto

Technical User
Oct 31, 2001
US
I am using a form to get a history of suppliers that our company is using and we wanted to know how much money we have spent on them during the year 2001. I have calculated a field called ExtendedPrice which took the unit price * quantity now I want to add up the extended price for the year 2001 and be able to do that for each year. So I guess it is a sort of Year to Date addition. I know there has to be an easy way to do it. I am not sure how to put it in my query or use it as a control source.

I would create a query (Q_SumExtendedPrice)
that resulted in :
Supplier_ID, Sum(ExtendedPrice)
Where Date => '01/01/2001'

Base your form on Q_SumExtendedPrice

If you need additional Supplier Information, Create another query (Q_SumExtendedPriceWithSupplierInfo) by joining your master Supplier Table to Q_SumExtendedPrice.
Your form can then be based on Q_SumExtendedPriceWithSupplierInfo

I hope I understood your delemia correctly, and that this is what you are looking for.

I think only half the problem is solved above.
kbarbuto said "and be able to do that for each year".

create a query like below to display the cost each year

Select year([yourdatefield])as CstYearly, supplierid, Sum(unit price * quantity )as ExtendedPrice from yourtable
group by Year([yourdatefield]),supplierid

then you can limit it to just one year buy saying
where year([yourdatefield])= 2001

I think only half the problem is solved above.
kbarbuto said "and be able to do that for each year".

create a query like below to display the cost each year

Select year([yourdatefield])as CstYearly, supplierid, Sum(unit price * quantity )as ExtendedPrice from yourtable
group by Year([yourdatefield]),supplierid

then you can limit it to just one year by saying
where year([yourdatefield])= 2001

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back